This is a personal website. All views and information presented herein are our own and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Today at the Big C

Two funny things at the Big C today:

1.  On my shopping list was laundry detergent.  When you go to the supermarket in Vietnam, there are people in some of the aisles there to help you, namely representatives of companies to hawk their particular product.  I went to grab the generic Big C laundry detergent when I was approached by three different women who were vendors for their particular brand laundry detergent.  I said to them in English that the first person who took their picture with me would get the sale.  This nice woman from Procter and Gamble was game, so I ended up buying Ariel.



2.  I tried to take a video in the Big C of the Christmas music and decorations being displayed there.  Unfortunately the music didn't get picked up in the video -- it was "Silent Night".  



No comments:

Post a Comment