This is a personal website. All views and information presented herein are our own and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Bac Xiu

So I have a new favorite coffee in Vietnam.

Vietnamese coffee is very, very strong -- almost bitter.  It is definitely an acquired taste.  Drinking it black is not for the feint of heart, and I have rarely done that while here.  Normally I just stick to my 3-in-1 at home (an instant mix of coffee, creamer, and sugar) or I'll order ca phe sua (coffee with a little sweetened condensed milk).

My new favorite is called Bac xiu, which is an iced coffee drink that has more sweetened condensed milk that coffee but so good.  Just the right amount of coffee.  And I can't believe I'm drinking iced coffee now.  Damn you, Vietnam!







No comments:

Post a Comment