This is a personal website. All views and information presented herein are our own and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Big Mac test

It has been a tough twenty-four hours.  Last night we decided to ride over to the bike shop to get a bike for Finn so he could ride around town.  Finn was riding on the back of my bike to get to the shop, and on the way he inadvertently got his foot twisted around in my wheel.  It was pretty dramatic (lots of tears, pretty nasty bruise) but he's going to be okay.

A couple of hours later my stomach started acting up in a way that it hasn't since I've been here.  No need for specifics, but just know that I was feeling very uncomfortable most of the night.

When Libby had a C-section, the doctor told us about "the Big Mac test" during her recovery.  The doctor would come in and ask how a Big Mac sounded, and if the patient said it sounded pretty good, the doctor knew the patient was on the way to recovery.

I've been failing the Big Mac test all day today...


No comments:

Post a Comment