This is a personal website. All views and information presented herein are our own and do not represent the views of the Fulbright Program or the U.S. Department of State

Monday, September 21, 2015

Poor Finn

Here's how different an experience Hanoi has been for our children:

Last night Finn asked me what we were going to do for dinner.  I told him we were going to head out to dinner at a new restaurant.  It was called "The Pizza Company" but it was actually a fish place.  I said they brought a live fish out in a big bowl of water, then at our table they will take the fish out and smash its head with a mallet.  Then, right at the table they slice the fish in half, gut it and de-bone it, then serve it to us raw.

I was kidding of course.  But God bless Finn, he thought this was in the realm of possibility and actually believed me, and to his credit he smiled and said, "Okay.  Sounds interesting Dad."  He then went and told his brothers and sisters about this fish place we were going to, and all the time he had a good attitude.

But he was pretty relieved when he found out it was a pizza place.

















1 comment:

  1. "Smashing its head with a mallet?" Really, Ed, I've heard you can
    get arrested In Vietnam for terrorizing small children. When they
    come to pick you up, don't use my name. Mom

    ReplyDelete